With the help of the Cortado app, users of managed iOS devices can individually install or uninstall apps, the use of which is not mandatory.
Make apps that are not mandatory available to your users. The users can then decide for themselves whether they want to install or uninstall these apps.
- Provide the Cortado app to your users. Do this by importing the app from the Apple Business Manager and assigning it to the users. Proceed as described in our help article Import and distribute apps from Apple Business Manager.
- Then import additional apps that are not mandatory for users from the Apple Business Manager.
- To allow this, uncheck the Mandatory checkbox (upper arrow in the illus.).
- You can also specify whether the apps are to be initially rolled out or not (lower arrow in the illus.).
- Assign these apps to the users as well.
Users will now find the Cortado app on their managed devices. They can log in to the app with their Cortado password (arrow in the left illus.) and from there they may install or uninstall their optional apps (arrows in the right illus.).
You will find more information on the app in the user guide for the Cortado app for iOS.