Provide your users with the Gmail app and configure it using the managed configurations. The Exchange account thus becomes part of the work profile or the fully managed device. Users now only need to enter their password to receive emails.
In this how-to, we'll show you how to pre-configure Gmail via the Cortado Administration Portal and distribute it to users' devices.
- Create an App Store account for Android Enterprise and add the Gmail app.
- Select the Gmail app under Apps→ Details (left arrow in illus.) and right click on Configure (right arrow in illus.).
- Open the Managed Configurations of Gmail.
- Fill in the Email Address, Hostname and Username fields. To do this, use variables.
- If you use self-signed certificates on your Exchange server (and only then), also select Trust all certificates.
- Update the configuration of the Gmail app under Apps by clicking Rollout on assigned users.
Note! All users now have to re-enter their Exchange password.