All new created apps are located in the left column under Administration→ Apps. In this article we will show you how to assign these apps to users, groups or devices.
Note! You can create an additional administrator account for your app manager.
- Select the apps, that you want to assign to the users or to the groups (left arrow in illus.). Noting the platform (Android or iOS) and the minimum required OS version.
- Then click on Assign (right arrow in illus.) and then on Assign Users/Groups/Devices. Select the desired users/groups/devices and click on OK.
Note! You can also assign the apps under Administration→ Users, Groups or Devices.
Apps that are set up as Mandatory and/or Rollout initially app, will now also be pushed to the users’ devices. When using work profiles on private devices, the work sapps are marked accordingly (arrow in illus.).
- Under Adminstration→ Devices→ Apps you can see if pushing the app was successful or not. (You can also select a device via the user. To do so, click on Administration→ Users. Select the user, and then go to Devices→ Details.)
- If the indicator is green, pushing was successful (arrow in illus.). A blue dot indicates that the pushing of the app is still pending, a red dot indicates that it failed.
Users can find apps that are not mandatory in the Google Play Store instead. Devices with a work profile have a separate Play Store for work apps (arrow in illus.).
- Open the Play Store (for business). Here you can find your mandatory (automatically installed) apps and the not yet installed, optionally usable apps (example in the right illus.).