The managed configurations for Android apps have moved. From now on, you can set them up in the top menu of the app management. Migrate your outdated managed configurations now! The obsolete configurations will no longer be supported after 01.10.2023.
In this How-To we explain what you need to take into account when updating your existing, managed configurations.
- Select in the administration portal Administration→ Apps.
Note! Previously, it was only possible to set up one managed configuration for each app. Now, with the new version of Cortado MDM, you have the option of setting up many different configurations for the same app. That means you can provide each user or each group with its own managed configuration.
You can identify outdated managed configurations by the red exclamation mark in front of the app name (left arrow in the illus.) and the information text under Details (right arrow in the illus.). Your existing managed configurations will only work with the new version of Cortado MDM until 09/30/2023.
- Select the app in question in the left column and click on the red highlighted link Migrate outdated managed configurations under Details (upper illus.).
- You will receive the following notice:
- Remove the existing managed configuration by clicking on Delete.
- Now you can create one or more new configurations for your app. To do so, proceed as described in our help article Creating Managed Configurations for Android apps.
Deleting the old, pre-existing configuration is not a prerequisite for creating a new managed configuration. It is also possible to create a new one first and then delete the old one. As soon as a new configuration has been created and assigned, the pre-existing old configuration will be overwritten, if it hasn’t already been deleted.