Does your firm use special apps that may not be compatible with a new Android OS version? In this How To we’d like to show you how you can delay software updates up to 30 days for company owned Android devices.
The aim is to defer an upcoming Android OS update on your devices. A policy is created for this purpose in the Cortado management console. The policy works by delaying the appearance of software updates for the user. The user only sees the software update when a specified number of days have elapsed after the software update release.
- Select Control Panel→ Policies in the administration portal.
- Click on the plus button to create a new Policy (arrow in illus.).
- Then select Android Entrprise Policies.
- Select under Filter policies by enrollment type Fully Managed Device or Work Profile on Company Owned Devices (upper arrow in illus.).
- Select the radio button Postpone (middle arrow in illus.)
- Then, under Delay the installation by (30 days maximum) specify the number of days you would like to defer the update (lower arrow in illus.).
- Click on Assign (right arrow in illus.) to assign the new Policy (left arrow in illus.) to the desired users/groups/devices.