Depending on whether you are using Cortado MDM or Cortado Server and whether Managed Google Play Accounts or Google Accounts are used, the App Store account was either created automatically during the configuration of Android Enterprise or you have to add it yourself. To do this, proceed as described in one of the following chapters:
Edit App Store Account (when using Cortado MDM with Managed Google Play Accounts)
Create App Store Account (when using Google Accounts and/or Cortado Server)
Edit App Store Account - when using Cortado MDM with Managed Google Play Accounts
To be able to make apps from the Google Play app store available for your users, you will require a App Store account for Android. Do you use Managed Google Play Accounts for your Android MDM? If so, then the App Store account will have been generated automatically in the Android Enterprise configuration and added in the Administration Portal under Administration→ Apps→ App Store Accounts. Learn how to add Android apps from the Google Play Store here.
Note! When using Google Accounts, you must create your own App Store account for Android Enterprise. To do so, proceed as described below.
- Select in the Administration Portal Administration→ Apps.
- Select the App Store account (left arrow in illus.) and then click on Edit (right arrow in illus.).
Organization ID and Service account e-mail address match the settings under Settings→ MDM→ Android MDM. Don’t make any changes to these settings!
The exception is that the checkmark in the Mandatory checkbox (arrow in illus.) may be removed if required. If the checkbox is enabled, all the apps that you added from the App Store will initially receive this status automatically. You can change this option for each individual app later.
Create App Store Account – when using Google Accounts and/or Cortado Server
- In order to make apps from the Google Play Store available to your users, an App Store account must be created.
- To do so, in the Administration Portal open Administration→ Apps→ App Store Accounts→ Create.
- Then select the platform Android.
- Confirm the following message with Yes, and this prompts the data for Android Enterprise to be transferred from Settings.
Note! If you use Google Accounts for the Android MDM, there is an option to use two different service accounts. You can find advice on using of two different service accounts in the section Create service account (incl. P12 certificate).
Mandatory: If the checkbox is enabled, all the apps that you added from the App Store will initially receive this status automatically. You can change this option for each individual app later.
Note for moving from Cortado Server to Cortado MDM! Regardless of whether you use the same App Store account as on Cortado Server, or a new account, all previously existing apps must be added again in the Cortado administration portal.
- If you want to add the apps to the Administration Portal, select your App Store account under Administration→ Apps→ App Store Accounts (left arrow in illus.).
- Then click on Manage Android Apps (right arrow in illus.).
Further information about adding Managed Android Apps can be found here.