You have full access to all Cortado MDM functions via our administration portal. If required, we also offer you to control some of these functions via our Cortado MDM API (BETA).
Note! A Pro Plan is required to use this API.
In this How To article, we will show you how to access the Cortado MDM API.
To authenticate against the API, you need an API key. You can generate this API key for each administrator in the administrator management.
- Open the Cortado administration portal and then select an administrator under Administration→ Administrators (left arrow in illus.) (or add a new administrator).
- Then select Edit (right arrow in illus.).
- Now check the Access with API key checkbox (right arrow in illus.) and then click Generate (left arrow in illus.).
- Now you can copy the new API key to the clipboard by clicking Copy (arrow in illus.).
- You can also assign various administrator roles to the administrator in this window. These roles are also enforced when using the API. I.e. each admin has access only to the areas that correspond to their respective role, even via the API.
To learn how to access the Cortado MDM API using the API key, see our Cortado MDM API documentation.
Note! If the same administrator has several organizations, you need the ID of your organization (mtcid). This is the only way to assign the requests to the correct organization. You can find this ID in the Cortado administration portal under Administration→ Settings→ General (arrow in illus.).