Administrators can log into the Cortado MDM administration portal via a Two-Factor Authentication.
In this How-To we will show you how to set up the Two-Factor Authentication.
Start by determining which authentication methods are usually permitted for the administration portal. By default, all available methods are activated.
- To do this, open the administration portal under Administration→ Settings→ Admin Roles→ Configure (arrow in illus.).
To use the Two-Factor Authentication, the corresponding checkbox must be activated (arrow in illus.).
- Then select Account→ Manage Account (arrow in illus.).
- Then select Two-Factor Authenticaton in the menu in the left column.
- Then tap on Configure authenticator app (arrow in illus.).
- Download an authentication app (for example Google Authenticator) onto your smartphone (left illus.).
- In the app, select either Scan QR code (upper arrow in the right illus.) or Enter the setup key (lower arrow in the right illus.).
- Now either scan the QR code (left arrow in the illus.) with the app or enter the setup key (right arrow in the illus.).
Following that, a verification code will appear in the authenticator app on the smartphone. Enter the verification code in the administration portal (arrow in the illus.) and then click on Verify.
After the successful configuration, you will be presented with several recovery codes. You can use these codes if you lose your smartphone and no longer have access to the authenticator app. Be sure to keep these recovery codes in a safe place.
Whenever you are logged in to the administration portal, you are able to reset your recovery codes and generate new codes at any time.
The next time you log in to the administration portal, as well as your user name and password, you will have to enter a new verification code from the authenticator app (arrow in the illus.). Or, alternatively, you can use a recovery code.