Using this setup method, company-owned Android devices can be configured for both business as well as private use (COPE – Company Owned/Personally Enabled).
Note! Users can quite easily put this method in place in the user portal. To do this, the user must have previously been added to the management console and have received an invitation email.
Prerequisite: This setup method is only available for Cortado MDM and only for Android devices from version 11. The device that is to be configured must have been reset to factory default settings.
- Open the management console and select Control Panel→ Users. Then select one or more users (upper arrow in illus.) and click on Enroll Device (lower arrow in illus.).
- Then click on Android Work Profile on Company Owned Device (arrow in illus.).
This will open a window with a QR code:
- Now take the previously reset or new Android device in hand. Tap six times on the same spot in the welcome screen.
- The device will now be in a mode in which a QR code can be scanned.
- Scan the QR code from the management console with the device.
- Then select the desired WiFi and enter the login credentials.
- Then tap on Next, to start the setup on the device (arrow in left illus.).
- Verify your company by tapping on Continue (arrow in right illus.).
- Skip over setting up a personal Google account for the user. The user can set that up later herself.
- Continue following the setup steps. You can also skip setting up the screen lock. Instead, use a policy to ensure that the users set a sufficiently strong password later.
After the configuration the device will have a business and a private area. The users’ private apps and data can’t be viewed via the management console. The work apps are identified by a briefcase icon and are thus clearly differentiated from the private apps. The work profile, as well as the localisation function can be disabled by the users at any time.
In the Cortado app users can get an overview of all the work profile’s apps and policies. You can find more information here.