In this article, we will show you how to perform the initial configuration of company-owned Android devices. This setup method is intended for devices that will be used for both business and personal purposes (Company Owned/Personally Enabled). You will find more information on setup method selection here.
Your company has provided you with an Android device that is either new and unused or has been reset to factory default settings and has at least Android version 11.
- Open the email and select Set password now (illus.). This will redirect you to the Cortado website.
- Set a password for your Cortado account and click on Continue to confirm.
- Then select Enroll New Device (arrow in illus.).
- On the next page, select Android Device Select.
- Then click on the third radio button (arrow in illus.).
You can now start setting up the device. The device must have been reset to factory default settings for this.
Note! Please skip over the QR code setup if your administrator has informed you that your device has already been preconfigured with Google zero-touch or Samsung Knox Mobile Enrollment. Begin instead with the regular device setup and create a WiFi or mobile network connection.
- Tap six times on the same spot in the welcome screen.
- Then scan the QR code displayed on the provisioning page (not the QR code in this article) with the device you want to set up.
- Then connect to your Wi-Fi or cellular network and start the setup.
- Following the successful setup, enter your username (email address) and the new password (see above) (left illus.).
- Check that you are logging in to the correct company and tap on Proceed (right illus.).
Then add your personal Google account for the private area of your device. Your admin will not have access to the privately used apps.
After the configuration the device will have a business and a private area. Your private apps and data can’t be viewed by your company. The work apps are identified by a briefcase icon and are thus clearly differentiated from the private apps. The work profile, as well as the localisation function can be disabled by at any time.
In the Cortado app you can get an overview of all the work profile’s apps and policies. You can find more information here.