- In the Administration Portal select Administration→ Apps.
- Click on the plus button (left arrow in illus.) and then select Android (right arrow in illus.).
- Select Self-Hosted Apps, if you want to add your own (self-developed) apps.
A description for adding apps from the Google Play Store can be found here.
- Then select your self-developed app (.apk file) by clicking on Select File.
- Name: Enter the app name.
- Description: Enter a description of the app.
- Minimum/Maximum OS version: Specifying a minimum/maximum OS version is optional. If the versions are entered, the app will only be made available to those devices with an operating system that meets these requirements.
- App icon: At the bottom, select an icon in .png or .jpg file format with a maximum size of 100 KB (optional).
- Mandatory: Activate this checkbox, if the use of this app should be compulsory for the users. The app is then pushed onto the user’s device at regular intervals, in case the user may have deleted it.
- Rollout initially: Enable this checkbox if the app should be pushed to the users‘ devices immediately (regardless of the synchronization interval and regardless of whether the Mandatory checkbox is enabled).The users can then individually delete the app later.
- Confirm your settings with OK.
You can now find the app in the Administration Portal (left column).
- Assign the apps to the users.