Use this profile to ensure that all HTTP network traffic goes through a proxy. The Internet connections to and from the supervised devices are thus always routed through a global HTTP proxy.
If you select the manual proxy type for the configuration, you need the address of the proxy server (incl. port) and optionally a username and password to log in to the proxy server. If you select Auto for the proxy type instead, the PAC URL (proxy auto-configuration URL) is sufficient.
- First proceed as described here.
- Select VPN as the profile that you want to add. The following dialog will open:
Make the settings as follows:
- Profile name: Enter a name for the profile here.
- Proxy type: Auto
- Proxy PAC URL: Enter the PAC URL (proxy auto-configuration URL).
- Allow direct connection if PAC is unreachable: Select this option to allow the iOS devices to bypass the proxy server if it can’t be reached.
- Allow Bypassing proxy to access captive networks: If this option is selected, the proxy settings will be bypassed as soon as the device is located in a recognized Wi-Fi network.
- Proxy type: Manual
- Proxy server and port: Enter the server address and the port of the proxy server.
- Username and Password: Optionally, enter a user name and password for logging in to the proxy server.
- Allow Bypassing proxy to access captive networks: If this option is selected, the proxy settings will be bypassed as soon as the device is a located in a recognized Wi-Fi network.
Now you can distribute the newly created profile to users/groups/devices.
- To do this, select the desired profile in the left-hand column of the Administration Portal and click Assign.
- Now select the users, groups or devices to whom you want to assign this profile.
Note! You can also assign the profiles under Administration→ Users or Groups.