This article provides an overview of the menu item Business Apps in the Cortado app for Android.
- On the start page of the Cortado app select the menu item Business Apps (arrow in illus.).
You can add apps here, either from the Play Store or your company's own (self-hosted) apps can be added.
Add business apps from the Play Store
In the Cortado app, tap on the menu item Business Apps (illus. above) and you will be redirected to the Play Store. Alternatively, you can also open the Play Store for your work profile (left illus.) or your fully managed device (right illus.) directly via the app icon.
Here you will find apps that your administrator has made available for your work profile or for your fully managed device.
Work apps that are already on your device were pushed to the device directly from your company. If you uninstall these apps, they will be pushed to your device again.
You will also find apps here that your administrator has made available to you for optional use. You can install these here and also uninstall them if necessary.
You can also perform app updates in your business Play Store.
Add own (self-hosted) apps
Once your administrator has assigned you one of the company’s in-house (self-hosted) apps for the first time, the app will be downloaded but not yet installed. The app cannot be installed automatically because the option Install unknown apps is deactivated by default. The Cortado app is blocked with a corresponding notification (left illus.).
- Tap on Resolve (arrow in left illus.).
- Here you will find apps that are still to be installed (arrow in right illus.).
- Tap the download button to start the installation.
- After the download is complete, tap Settings to enable the installation of unknown apps for Cortado (arrow in left illus.).
- Tap on the slider to enable the option Allow from this source (arrow in right illus.). This action is only possible once and the setting cannot be changed later.
- Agree to the installation of the app (arrow in left illus.).
- The slider cannot be enabled/disabled again after this action (arrow in right illus.).
The app will now be installed (arrow in left illus.). You can then locate the app under the Work tab with your other work apps (arrow in right illus.).