This option is only available for supervised iOS devices.
You can use the Cortado Management Console to switch on the activation lock, provided the user has enabled the Find my iPhone option. A Bypass Code is then stored in the Management Console. This can be used later to automatically lift the activation lock, if you wipe the device and have to prepare it for a new user. Thus, a managed device can be passed on to a new user, even without the Apple ID and password of the existing user.
- Select the Bypass Code option to switch on the activation lock.
- Accept the security prompt with OK.
- The Bypass Code for this device will be lodged with Apple.
- You can also locate the Bypass Code under Details in device properties.
- If you now return the device to factory settings (Wipe Full), you only need to tap the Button Bypass Activation Lock button in the management console to go around the activation lock.
Note! Under certain circumstances, there may be communication difficulties between the device and the Apple server. Then Apple sends an error message, stating that no Bypass Code can be found for this device. In this case, enter the Bypass Code instead of the Apple ID password onto the device, in order to remove the activation lock.
- Then it’s possible to enter a new Apple ID.