In this article, we will show you how to perform the initial configuration of company-owned Android devices. This setup method is intended for devices that will be used for business purposes only (COBO – Company Owned Business Only). You will find more information on setup method selection here.
Your company has provided you with an Android device that is either new and unused or has been reset to factory default settings.
- Open the email and select Set password now (illus.). This will redirect you to the Cortado website.
- Set a password for your Cortado account and click on Continue to confirm.
- Then select Enroll New Device (arrow in illus.).
- On the next page, select Android Device Select.
- Then click on the second radio button (arrow in illus.).
You can now start setting up the device. The device must have been reset to factory default settings for this.
Note! Please skip over the QR code setup if your administrator has informed you that your device has already been preconfigured with Google zero-touch or Samsung Knox Mobile Enrollment. Begin instead with the regular device setup and create a WiFi or mobile network connection.
- Tap six times on the same spot in the welcome screen.
- Then scan the QR code displayed on the provisioning page (not the QR code in this article) with the device you want to set up.
- Then connect to your Wi-Fi or cellular network and start the setup.
- Following the successful setup, enter your username (email address) and the new password (see above) (left illus.).
- Check that you are logging in to the correct company and tap on Proceed (right illus.).
The device setup is now complete. All apps and features will now be managed by your administrator. You can get an overview in the Cortado app. You will find more information on the Cortado app here.