Your company has provided you with a company-owned iOS device. This is what is referred to as a supervised device. Depending on what your company intended for you, you can now set this device up so it can be used for business purposes only (COBO) or used for both business and private purposes (COPE). If the device is permitted to be also used for private purposes, you have the opportunity to enter your Apple ID during the setting up. Private data and apps can’t be viewed by your company.
Open Cortado email invitation
Your administrator has created a Cortado account for you or informs you that you can log in to Cortado with your Microsoft account. You will find all information in the invitation email from Cortado. (If necessary, also check the spam folder).
- Cortado Server users click the User Portal link and then proceed as described in section Setting up Apple device.
- Users with a Microsoft account log in to My Cortado with their Microsoft account and then proceed as described in section Setting up Apple device.
- Cortado MDM users click Set password now. They will then be redirected to the Cortado website.
- Set a password for your Cortado account and click on Continue to confirm.
Setting up Apple device
- Now select Set up new device (without illus.).
- Then select iPhone/iPad (arrow in illus.).
- Select that you want to set up a company device (arrow in illus.).
- Proceed as described below:
The device that you received from the company must be either new and unused or have been restored to factory default settings.
For supervised devices, the company will determine which setup steps you have to carry out. It is therefore possible that some of the regular setup steps normally carried out for iOS devices will be masked out by your firm. Follow the setup steps on the device, as described on the Apple help pages.
During the configuration, you will receive a message that the device will be configured by your firm automatically.
Cortado MDM users log in ether with their email address (upper arrow in left illus.) and the password specified above or their Microsoft account (lower arrow in left illus. and right illus.). Which login option applies to you is stated in the invitation email you received from Cortado. Cortado Server users use their company email address (upper arrow in left illus.) and domain password instead.
Following successful configuration, the device will be managed by your firm.