The Cortado MDM administration portal allows you to set app permissions for Android apps. Permissions are used to determine which functions or data the app is allowed to access. You can also configure the Android apps for your users in advance. Provided this configuration option is available on the part of the app. This is particularly useful for e-mail apps, such as Gmail. This way, the user does not have to configure the app himself and can access his e-mails immediately.
Note! You can create an additional administrator account for your app manager.
- Select in the Administration Portal Administration→ Apps.
- Select the app you want to configure (left arrow in the illus.), then click Configure (right arrow in the illus.).
- You can then configure the app settings. Note that all the permissions and configuration options are predetermined by the respective app.
- Permissions: Here you can determine which permissions should be managed via MDM and whether they are allowed or restricted.
- Managed Configurations: Variables can be used in all the configuration entry fields (e.g. Default Email Signature, Email Address) (upper arrow in illus.). For the e-mail app Gmail, for example, the host name/host (Exchange server) must be entered (lower arrow in illus.).