If you checked the Automatically install updates checkbox when adding apps from the App Store or importing apps from the Apple Business Manager, app updates will be pushed to users' devices automatically.
Note! You can create an additional administrator account for your app manager.
If this checkbox was not set or if the app is your own, self-developed app, proceed as follows:
You can update a Managed app once it is available in the app store. To do so, simply re-enroll the app to the assigned users.
- Select in the Administration Portal Administration→ Apps.
- Then select the app you want to update (left arrow in the illus.).
- Rollout on assigned users or Rollout on failed users (in case the first attempt fails)(right arrows in illus.)
- Once a new version of an imported (self-hosted) app is available, you can update the app.
- To do so, select the appropriate app and click on Edit.
- Upload the file and then, enroll this app to the assigned users.