You want to create an IPCU (iPhone Configuration Utility) profile with Apple Configurator 2 and distribute it to your users’ iOS devices through Cortado.
This How To will show you how you can create policies with Apple Configurator 2. You can then upload these profiles to Cortado and distribute them to your users. This will allow you to create and assign complex policies that may not be available in the Cortado Administration Portal.
- Download Apple Configurator 2.5 (or newer) onto your Apple Mac. The configurator can be downloaded for free from the Mac AppStore.
- Start Apple Configurator 2 and click on File then select New Profile.
- Switch to General and fill in the required fields. Under Security, make sure to select always.
- For Automatically RemoveProfile select Never.
- Go to Restrictions and configure the profile to your preferences.
- Under Title, select and save a descriptive name for the profile.
- The configuration file is now ready to be imported.
- Open the Cortado Administration Portal and select Administration→Policies.
- Create a new policy (left arrow in illus.) and then click on iOS/iPadOS Using Apple Configurator 2 (right arrow in illus.).
- Upload your IPCU profile.
- After importing, you can distribute the policy to groups, users or devices.