Open the app and log in (see article The Workplace app for iOS devices).
With Cortado Workplace you have the possibility of sharing files and folders with users from inside and outside the company. Create a project for this purpose and invite other users to join the project. You can share multiple files and folders within a project.
There are two ways to start a project:
1. Select a file/folder in one of your directories (see article Accessing folders and files). Open the menu on the right (upper arrow in illus.) or use the button for further options in an open file (see article File options at a glance). Then tap on Share button (lower arrow in illus.).
2. Or start the project first by selecting the Projects directory (middle arrow in illus.) and tap on Start project (arrow in illus.) there.
- Give your project a name and then tap on Start.
- Tap in the Projects directory on Manage button (behind the project name) to invite users to your project (arrow in illus.)
- Then tap on Add participant.
- Enter the e-mail address of the user with whom you want to share this project’s file(s) or select it in the address book on your device. Next, select Enter and than Add. Depending on the options your system administrator has allowed you, you can invite users from inside and outside the company.
Note! If you wish to invite external users to the project, then the project must be reconfigured once. Tap on Continue to confirm the notification.
Note! If a project is reconfigured from internal to external, any existing file versions are lost. If you want to keep the file versions, copy/move the project to the local drive (iPhone/iPad/iPod) or to Home Drive. After reconfiguration, you can move/copy it back to the Projects drive.
- If an external participant hasn’t accepted your invitation (Status: Invited) (upper arrow in illus.), you can resend it (lower arrow in illus.).
Adding files and folders to projects
- Now select, from Home Drive for example, a file that you would like to add to your project.
- Then tap on the Copy/Move button (arrow in illus.).
- Then select Browse (arrow in illus.).
- Now tap on Projects (arrow in illus.) and select the desired project.
- For information on how to select several files simultaneously and add them to a project, refer to the article Copying or moving files.
Note! You can also add new folders, images and videos to a project by selecting a project in the Projects directory and then tapping the Plus button. You can also import files from other apps into a project (see article Adding files from other apps (Document Picker)).
Closing a project/removing participants
Under Projects, select the project that you want to manage. Tap on Manage button.
Then select Edit.
- To remove a participant from a project, tap on the corresponding minus button and then on Delete.
- However, if you want to end the project, select Close Project (arrow in illus.).
- You can then tap on Close and Create backup to create a zip file of all the files in the project. This file will be saved under Home Drive.
- Simply tap on Close and Discard, if you don’t want to save your files before you delete the project.
Leave the project
If you no longer wish to participate in a project to which you were invited, you can simply leave the project.
To do so, click on Information in the project overview of the project that you want to leave (arrow in illus.).
- Tap on Leave Project (arrow in illus.) and confirm the following confirmation prompt.