You have the possibility of sharing files and folders with users from inside and outside the company. Open the app and log in (see article The Workplace app for Android devices). Create a project for this purpose and invite other users to join the project. You can share multiple files and folders within a project.
There are two ways to start a project:
1. Select a file/folder in one of your directories (arrow in left illus.) and open the file/folder by short tapping it. Then tap on Menu button, above in the display (upper arrow in right illus.). Tap on Start project (lower arrow in right illus.).
2. Or first start the project by selecting the Projects directory (arrow in left illus.) and tap there on Start project (arrow in right illus.).
- Give your project a name and then tap on Start.
- Select the Projects directory (arrow in left illus.).
- In the desired project tap on Manage button to invite users to your project (arrow in right illus.).
- Then tap on Add participant (arrow in left illus.).
- Enter the e-mail address of the users (lower arrow in right illus.), and confirm (upper arrow in right illus.). Depending on the options your system administrator has allowed you, you can invite users from inside and outside the company.
- If you wish to invite external users to the project, then the project must be reconfigured once. Tap on Procced to confirm the notification.
Note! If a project is reconfigured from internal to external, any existing file versions are lost. If you want to keep the file versions, copy/move the project to the local drive (Phone/Tablet) or to Home Drive. After reconfiguration, you can move/copy it back to the Projects drive.
- If an external participant hasn’t accepted your invitation (Status: Invited) (lower arrow in illus.), you can resend it (upper arrow in illus.).
Adding files and folders to projects
- Select a project (arrow in left illus.) and then tap the Plus button (arrow in right illus.), to create new folders and files or to upload images stored on your device (illus., right). Please note that only files that belong to your work profile will be displayed.
- Or select, from Home Drive for example, one (or more) file(s)/folder(s) that you would like to add to your project.
- Then tap on the Copy/Move button (arrows in illus.).
- Then select Browse (arrow in left illus.) and tap on Projects (arrow in right illus.).
- Select the desired project (arrow in left illus.) and then tap on Copy or Move (arrow in right illus.).
Closing a project/removing participants
- Under Projects (illus., left), select the project that you want to manage. Tap on Manage button (arrow in right illus.).
- In the menu (arrow in illus.) you can find the options Edit and Close project.
- To remove a participant from a project, tap on Edit (illus. above) and then on the corresponding cross button (arrow in left illus.).
- To save the changes, tab on Apply (arrow in right illus.).
- However, if you want to end the project, select Close project (illus. above).
- You can then tap on Close and Create Backup (illus., left) to create a zip file of all the files/folders in the project. This file will be saved under Home Drive (illus., right).
- Simply tap on Close and Discard, if you don’t want to save your files/folders before you delete the project (illus., left).
Leave the project
If you no longer wish to participate in a project to which you were invited, you can simply leave the project.
- To do so, click on Information in the project overview of the project that you want to leave (arrow in left illus.).
- Open the menu above right in the display (upper arrow in right illus. 175) and tap on Leave project (lower arrow in right illus.) and in the following confirmation prompt, click on Leave project to confirm.