To install Cortado Server, proceed as follows:
- Log on to the Cortado server using CortadoService account.
- Start the installation program by running Setup.exe, which can be downloaded from the Cortado webseite.
- Some software components (Prerequisites) may have to be installed if necessary. Confirm with Install.
Note! During and after installation a Windows restart may be necessary.
If any of the system requirements is not met, the message will be marked with a red circle or a yellow warning triangle. Maybe a Windows update is running or a reboot is required. Confirm with Close and perform the required steps (including a server restart). If minimum one point was marked red the installer must be started again.
- Cortado Server requires an Microsoft SQL Server 2017 Express (x64). You can install it by clicking on Yes on your Cortado server or use an existing one on another server by clicking on No. In this case, give the CortadoService-Account the right beforehand to create a database on the existing SQL Server (see here).
- Read and accept the license agreement and click Next.
- In the next window you can designate the destination folder.
- Click Next and Cortado Server will be installed at C:\Program Files\Cortado Server.
- If you prefer a different folder, click Change.
- Click Next to continue.
- When you click Install in the next window, the installation of Cortado Server components will begin. This may take several minutes.
- Now install another software component (Cortado Output Gateway).
- Click Finish to complete installation and to start the initial configuration using the Configuration Assistant.
Note! The evaluation period of the installed demo license keys elapses after 30 days. If you want to use Cortado Server furthermore please purchase and activate the software within this period. Full details can be found in section Overview of License Manager.
After the installation, the Configuration Assistant opens to guide you through the initial configuration.