From 1st April 2021 Apple is changing the certification for the Apple Push Notification Service. You will consequently require a new root certificate on all your Cortado servers. Without this certificate, iOS/iPadOS devices will no longer be able to be contacted through the Cortado servers. You can find more information about this under important notifications.
The aim is to install the root certificate from Sectigo in the local certificate store on the Cortado server.
- Download the AAACertificateServices root certificate from the Sectigo website onto your Cortado server.
- It is possible that the new root certificate has already been installed in the certificate store under Certificates – Local Computer→ Trusted Root Certification Authorities→ Certificates via a Windows update.
- Check, therefore, if it is already present there.
- If there is a root certificate with the name AAACertificateServices in the certificate store, please check whether the Thumbprint of that root certificate is the same as the Thumbprint of the root certificate downloaded from the Sectigo website. You can find the Thumbprint in the Details tab of the opened certificate.
- If the Thumbprint matches, there is no further action required.
If the new certificate is not yet there, proceed as follows:
- In the context menu, select Install Certificate (arrow in illus.).
- In the next window, select Local Machine (arrow in illus.).
- Then select Trusted Root Certification Authorities in the certificate store (arrow in illus.).
- Confirm by clicking on Finish.
- You will then find the new root certificate under Certificates – Local Computer→Trusted Root Certification Authorities→ Certificates (arrows in illus).