You have the possibility of sharing files and folders with users from inside and outside the company. Create a project for this purpose and invite other users to join the project. You can share multiple files and folders within a project.
There are two ways to start a project:
1. Open the web app and login. Open the desired drive or directory (see article Access to files and folders). Select a file/folder in one of your directories (left arrow in illus.) and click on Start project (right arrow in illus.) (see article File options at a glance).
2. Or start the project by firstly selecting Projects in the left column in the web app (lower arrow in illus.) and then clicking on Start Project (upper arrow in illus.).
- Give your project a name and then click on Start.
- Click on Manage to invite users to your project
- Then click on Add participant.
- Enter the e-mail address of the user with whom you want to share this project’s file(s). Depending on the options your system administrator has allowed you, you can invite users from inside and outside the company.
Note! If you wish to invite external users to the project, then the project must be reconfigured once. Click on Procced to confirm the notification.
Note! If a project is reconfigured from internal to external, any existing file versions are lost. If you want to keep the file versions, copy/move the project to the Home Drive. After reconfiguration, you can move/copy it back to the Projects drive.
- If an external participant hasn’t accepted your invitation (Status: Invited) (upper arrow in illus.), you can resend it (lower arrow in illus.).
Add files and folders to your project
- Select your project from the table (arrow in Illus. 30).
- Now you can Drag & Drop files into your project (see the article Upload files and folders).
- You can move files into your project by copying and pasting from other drives (see the section Copy, Cut & Paste).
Closing a project
- Under Projects, select the project that you want to close. Click on Manage.
- Then select Close Project.
- You can then click on Backup to create a zip file of all the files and folders in the project. This file will be saved under Home Drive.
- Simply click on Discard, if you don’t want to save your files and folders before you delete the project.
Leave the project
If you no longer wish to participate in a project to which you were invited, you can simply leave the project.
- To do so, click on Information in the project overview of the project that you want to leave (arrow in illus.).
- In the next window, select Leave project (arrow in illus.) and in the following confirmation prompt, click on Proceed to confirm.