- Log in to the portal with your Cortado account and click on the Help button (arrow in illus.).
- Then open the link to the download area (arrow in illus.).
After confirming the license agreement, you can download the new version of Cortado Server.
To perform a software update, the following preconditions must be met:
- the license must have a current update subscription available
- to use Perpetual licenses the subscription key must have been entered in the license manager (see section Initial installation of the subscription key).
A valid update subscription authorizes the use of the latest software versions, without needing to purchase new licenses. You can get an overview of the validity period of your licenses in Enterprise Portal (for example, in Customer View) under Service Runtime (lower arrow in illus.). For Perpetual Licenses a yellow exclamation mark will appear before expiration next to the green icon of the license key in License Manager (see the section Status of the licenses).
If you have Annual Licenses, you can perform a software update within the validity period of the license. On expiry of the one-year validity period, a new annual license can be asked for in Enterprise Portal. You can request an offer to be sent to you by clicking on the request button (upper arrow in illus.).
Perpetual Licenses usually contain a 12 months update subscription if purchased. Software updates can be performed within this period. To extend the validity period, you can request a non-binding offer to be sent to you by clicking on the request button (upper arrow in illus.). The update subscription can be renewed at any time during subscription period. At that time you can take advantage of the Early Bird Special, at a reduced update price.
If your subscription has already expired, then you still have six months during which to extend your update entitlement, using the Update Service. If the update entitlement has not been renewed six months after the expiration of the update subscription, no further update service is possible.
Note! Even if the update subscription is renewed very early, the next subscription period of course first begins after the last period has expired.
Initial installation of the subscription key
Only Perpetual Licenses use a subscription key. In order to successfully complete a software update, you must enter in the License Manager your valid subscription key (an X is in the third block). You can find the subscription key in Enterprise Portal (for example, in Customer View) under Subscription Key.
- In the license manager, open the context menu of the license for which you want to enter a subscription key.
- Then click on Activate, to enter the subscription key together with the activation key.
- Enter the subscription key.
- The subscription key is automatically activated.
You can now update your software released within subscription period. Use Add Subscription Key in a license key’s context menu (siehe illus.) to enter subscription keys later.