The type of MDM profile configuration used on Android devices is dependent on whether the device is owned privately or by the company. Company-owned devices will be fully managed by your administrator. This prepares the devices to a state whereby you only need to enter your email address and the domain password. On private Android devices, on the other hand, a work profile can be installed. This type of configuration guarantees a clear separation between the work space and the private use area on your device. Your administrator will inform you whether you should install a work profile on your device. All apps within this profile are managed by your administrator and remain separate from your private accounts, apps and data. Your administrator has no access to the private section of your device.
Note! The device must be encrypted. If it is not, either you or the user will be prompted to encrypt the device during the configuration.
- Open the User Self Service Portal via the link you received in the confirmation email.
- You log in with the user name and password that you used to register.
- Enter the login details and then click on Login.
- Open the First Steps Wizard (left illus.) in the User Self Service Portal.
- In Step 1 select the option Android Enterprise (right illus.).
- To download the securitiy certificate, tap Download (arrow in left illus.).
- Then enter any name for the certificate (arrow in right illus.) and confirm with OK.
Note! If the security certificate download fails, long tap on the Download button (arrow in left illus.). Now tap on Save link or Download link and then on GetCA at the bottom of the display. Now you can enter the certificate name (arrow in right illus.).
- After successful installation of the certificate tap Next (left illus.).
- By tapping Download (arrow in left illus.) the Wizard will lead you to the Google Play Store and the Cortado app.
- To install the app tap Install (arrow in right illus.).
- After successful installation of the Cortado app tap Next in the First Steps Wizard (left illus.).
- Tap in Step 4 on MDM Profile (arrow in left illus.).
- Tap on Open to complete the action (arrow in right illus.).
- The Cortado app will then open automatically. Tap on Next (arrow in left illus.).
- Enter your user name and password in the next window. Then tap on Login (arrows in right illus.).
- Verify that you are enrolled with the correct organization and tap Proceed (arrow in left illus.).
- Confirm the setup of the work profile by tapping on Continue (arrow in right illus.).
- You can recognize these apps by the blue briefcase image in the app icon (arrow in left illus.).
- You can delete the work profile from your device at any time in the device settings (arrow in right illus.).
Note! Location sharing for the work profile is active by default. You can change this setting under Settings→ Biometrics & security→ Location→ Use location in work profile.