As of iOS version 13 there are two different options for loading an MDM profile onto a device. The choice of enrollment method (user or device) is dependent on whether the device is owned privately or by the company. User Enrollment is intended to be used for privately-owned devices. With User Enrollment there is a clear separation between the work space and the private use area on the device.
- Open the User Self Service Portal via the link you received in the confirmation email.
- Log in with your username or e-mail address and domain password.
- Enter the login details and then click on Login.
If you want to install an MDM profile on your private iOS device, you need a managed Apple ID. Your administrator created one for you for this reason. You will receive the Apple ID via email directly from Apple (Apple Business Manager). As well as the Apple ID, the email contains a temporary password.
Only proceed with the steps described in the following when you have your Apple ID and password.
- Open the First Steps Wizard in the User Self Service Portal (left illus.).
- Then tap on User Enrollment (arrow in right illus.).
- You receive the message that the profile has been loaded and must be installed in the settings (left illus.).
- Open the Settings and select Enroll in … (arrown in right illus.).
- Then tap on Enroll My iPhone (left illus.).
- Sign in with your managed Apple ID and your temporary password (right illus.).
- Now enter a new password for your Apple ID and a phone number for the two-factor authentication.
- The MDM profile will then be installed. You can find it under Settings→ General→ Device Management.