- In the management console, open Control Panel→ Users.
- To import the users, click on the plus sign (arrow in illus.), the Import Wizard will start.
Note! Importing user data uses one Cortado Server user license per user. Installing the Cortado Server automatically installs five demo licenses. These licenses are for users and devices, so every user session on the Cortado server by either a device or the web app, uses up one license. In the section Overview of License Manager, you will find details about license activation and update subscription.
- Here you will chose the source from which the users should be imported:
- If you have selected Active Directory as the import source, another window opens, in which you can select a domain where the desired users will be found.
- If you enable the checkbox in front of the domain name (left arrow in illus.) and then click on Next all existing users will be displayed in the next window.
- Alternatively, if you click on the small arrow on the right (right arrow in illus.) you will go to any existing subfolders or organisation units (OUs).
- Now the users to be imported are displayed.
- Decide whether all or only certain users are to be imported. To do so, place a checkmark by the corresponding users, or select all users (left arrow in illus.).
- Then click on Import (right arrow in illus.).
If a user has been successfully imported, a green dot appears in the status column. (upper arrows in illus.). In addition, the information bar at the bottom of the window displays the number of imported users.
If the user could not be imported because, for example, not enough licenses are available, an error message will be displayed, you can display an error message. To do this, move the mouse to the red dot. In the illustration, for example, ten users were imported (left arrow), but there are only five licenses available (right arrow).
Enter single user manually
With this option you can select a user to be imported from the AD, and add him by entering the user’s data manually. Fill in one of the fields completely, or use a wildcard (*) for your search.
When you close the Import Wizard, the successfully imported users will be listed in user management (Users). They are now enabled to use Cortado Server.
Note! As soon as a user has been successfully imported, he will automatically receive a configuration email (see the section E-mail settings).