If you want to configure your users’ mobile devices yourself, you have the convenient Fast Enrollment option available. This solution allows you to set up the devices, without knowing the user passwords. You can integrate mobile devices with just a few clicks into the corporate IT environment – without requiring user interaction. Time-consuming help desk calls while setting up devices are no longer an issue.
Use Fast Enrollment in the Management Console via Control Panel→ Users or Control Panel→ Group Templates.
- Select one or more users or a group of users (upper arrow in illus.).
- Then click on Fast Enrollment (lower arrow in illus.).
- Now select what kind of devices you want to configure. The following options are available:
- Android Work Profile (BYOD)
- Android Work Managed Device (COBO)
Note! Before you can use the Fast Enrollment for a fully managed Android device (Work Managed Device), the device must be reset to factory default settings and be preconfigured. Proceed with this as described in Embedding company-owned Android devices.
- A dialog opens for the first selected user. Scan the QR code with the user’s device or enter the displayed URL onto the device. The URL remains valid for 15 minutes.
- You will arrive at the user’s User Self Service Portal on the mobile device and can configure the MDM profile in the First Steps Wizard.
- Once you have carried out the configuration on that device, click on Next in the Fast Enrollment dialog, to configure the next device.
Note: If the URL expires before you configure the device, you can request a new URL by clicking again on Fast Enrollment.