You can create a Microsoft Exchange profile for your users. macOS devices can use Exchange Web Services to communicate with the exchange server. Then the users won’t have to create new e-mail accounts on their mobile devices.
- First proceed as described here.
- Select Exchange as the profile you wish to add. The following dialog will open:
Make the following settings:
- Profile name/Account name: Specify a name for the profile or for the account.
- User: Enter the user’s (domain) name here. With Autofill, this will be read automatically.
Note for Cortado MDM! Provided that the UPN was previously stored in the user management.
- Alternatively, you can also use a variable.
- E-mail address: You can enter the user’s e-mail address here. With Autofill, this will be read automatically. Alternatively, you can also use a variable.
- Password: You can optionally enter the user’s (domain) password here. Then the user will not have to authenticate himself on the mobile device before using the Exchange account. If you leave this field blank, the user will have to enter her or his (domain) password to be able to access e-mails.
- EWS host and port: Enter your exchange server and the associated port here.
- EWS path: Enter the associated path here (example /EWS/Exchange.asmx).
- Use SSL: Select this option, if you want the connection between the mail app on the user devices and the Exchange server to be encrypted via SSL.
- External EWS host and port: These details are optional. If you use a different name for your exchange server for external connections, enter it here. If, for example, you use an exchange server with the name exchange.domain.local for internal use, the path exchange.domain.com must be entered here.
- External EWS path: If necessary, enter the other path here.
- Use external SSL: Select this option, if you want the connection between the mail app on the user devices and the external Exchange server to be encrypted via SSL.
Now you can distribute the newly created profile to users / groups / devices.
- To do this, select the desired profile in the left-hand column of the management console and click Assign.
- Now select the users, group templates or devices to whom you want to assign this profile.
Note! You can also assign the profiles under Control Panel→ Users or Group Templates.