Depending on whether you are using Cortado MDM or Cortado Server and whether Managed Google Play Accounts or Google Accounts are used, the App Store account was either created automatically during the configuration of Android Enterprise or you have to add it yourself. To do this, proceed as described in one of the following chapters:
Edit VPP Account - when using Cortado MDM with Managed Google Play Accounts
To be able to make apps from the Google Play app store available for your users, you will require a VPP account for Android. Do you use Managed Google Play Accounts for your Android MDM? If so, then the VPP account will have been generated automatically in the Android Enterprise configuration and added in the management console under Control Panel→ Apps & Docs→ VPP Accounts.
Note! When using Google Accounts, you must create your own VPP account for Android Enterprise. To do so, proceed as described below.
- Select in the management console Control Panel→ Apps & Docs.
- Select the VPP account (left arrow in illus.) and then click on Edit (right arrow in illus.).
Enterprise ID and Service account e-mail address match the settings under Global Settings→ MDM→ Android MDM. Don’t make any changes to these settings!
The exception is that the checkmark in the Mandatory checkbox (arrow in illus.) may be removed if required. If the checkbox is enabled, all the apps that you added from the App Store will initially receive this status automatically. You can change this option for each individual app later.
Create VPP Account – when using Google Accounts and/or Cortado Server
- In order to make apps from the Google Play Store available to your users, an Android VPP account must be created.
- To do so, in the Management Console open Control Panel→ Apps & Docs→ VPP Accounts→ Create.
- Then select the platform Android.
- Confirm the following message with Yes, and this prompts the data for Android Enterprise to be transferred from Global Settings.
Note! If you use Google Accounts for the Android MDM, there is an option to use two different service accounts. You can find advice on using of two different service accounts in the section Create service account (incl. P12 certificate).
Mandatory: If the checkbox is enabled, all the apps that you added from the App Store will initially receive this status automatically. You can change this option for each individual app later.
- If you want to add the apps to the Management Console, select your Android VPP account under Control Panel→ Apps & Docs→ VPP Accounts (left arrow in illus.).
- Then click on Manage Android Apps (right arrow in illus.).
Further information about adding Managed Android Apps can be found here.