This option lets you configure your app settings remotely. Beforehand however, you must be certain which configuration options are available for the app in question. This generally applies to apps you have developed yourself or those that were developed for you. If you want to configure an app from the App Store, you will require the app’s internal documentation. You can find more information on this at https://www.appconfig.org/ or under https://developer.apple.com.
- Select in the management console Control Panel→ Apps & Docs.
- Firstly, add the app that you want to configure to the Management Console (VPP apps, apps from App Store, own (self-developed) apps). In doing so, ensure that the Managed checkbox is checked.
- Then select Managed Configurations→ Create.
- Then select the platform Apple.
- Then make the following settings:
- Name: Give this configuration a name.
- Select Application: Select the app for which you want to set a configuration.
- Key: The app developer defined Keys, for example, the key username. You can obtain these keys either directly from the app developer or locate them in the app’s internal documentation.
- Type: The following types are available:
- String: Strings of words, characters or numbers
- Boolean: true or false
- Integer: integer values without a comma, plus or minus
- Value: Then a Value can be provided for the Key. Use variables, so that this name will be inserted automatically.
- Save your configuration.
- Then select the configuration in the overview and click on Assign.
- Then select users or groups and confirm with OK.
Note! You can also assign the Managed Configurations under Control Panel→ Users or Group Templates (see section Assigning to users or groups).
- After you have assigned the Managed Configurations to the users/groups, you need to distribute the app itself (including the Managed Configurations) to the users or groups.