Do you use purchased root certificates in your company? This how-to will show you how you can distribute purchased root certificates to your users' mobile devices.
Root certificates from official certification authorities are usually located on all end devices by default. When using purchased root certificates, however, the root certificate (e.g. for the exchange server) must firstly be distributed to the users’ mobile devices. Only that will ensure that SSL/TLS secured connections can be established between server and mobile devices. In this How To you will learn how to use the Cortado server to distribute your purchased root certificates onto your users’ mobile devices.
- Open the Cortado administration portal.
- Select Administration→ Profiles.
- Under Global Profiles→ Certificate create a new certificate profile.
- Select Use single certificate (left arrow in illus.).
- Then use the Choose Certificate button to upload your root certificate (right arrow in illus.).
- If it is a .pfx file with a private key, also enter the certificate password (lower arrow in illus.).
- Then assign the certificate profile to the users/groups/devices.