Problem: You want to distribute apps via Apple VPP to the users’ devices. Even though you specified in your VPP account that users can install their apps without having an Apple ID (Device assigned), users receive a message stating that an Apple ID is required for installation of the Cortado Workplace app.
Note! For private devices that are managed via User Enrollment, the Assignment type, User assigned must be used.
By default, the Cortado Workplace app is stored in the management console under Apps & Docs (left arrow in illus.) and is mandatorily assigned to all iOS users (right arrow in illus.).
So the Cortado Workplace app is automatically downloaded from the App Store and rolled out to all users.
For device-based VPP setup, you have to disable automatic distribution of the app to all users. You do this as follows:
- Select the app App Cortado Workplace (iOS managed app) in the management console under Control Panel→ Apps & Docs (upper arrow in illus.).
- Then click on Unassign (lower arrow in illus.) and remove assignment of the app for the respective users or groups.
- Now download the file tooling-9-0.zip in the Cortado Enterprise Portal under Cortado Server→ Cortado Server – Tooling.
- Extract the .zip file and then open CCSDBConfig.exe.
- Open PushConfiguration followed by AutoPushCortadoWorkplaceApp.
- Clear the checkbox and then save this setting.
- Now the users can install the app from the VPP Account without having to enter an Apple ID. Here you can find more information on setting up a VPP Account for Apple.